GB Canoeing is celebrating a landmark World Cup result after winning five team titles at the ICF Slalom event in London last weekend.
Competing on a familiar London 2012 course at Lee Valley, victory for Great Britain’s paddlers came in both the men’s and women’s K1 and C1 team events as well as the men’s C2 team event.
Further success came in the individual C1 events with Mallory Franklin and David Florence each winning two more golds for Great Britain to take the total to seven.
According to GB Canoeing, the three team golds won on Saturday made GB the first nation to win a clean sweep in the team events at the ICF World Cup.
“In terms of legacy this is probably the best advert that there is from any London Olympic facility,” said GB Canoeing performance director John Anderson MBE, who described the team’s performance as “absolutely outstanding.”
SportsAid is proud to confirm that all of the medallists named below have been supported by the charity:
- C1 women: Mallory Franklin – gold
- C1 men: David Florence – gold
- C1 women’s team: Mallory Franklin, Jasmine Royle – gold
- C1 men’s team: David Florence, Tom Quinn, Ryan Westley – gold
- C2 men’s team: David Florence/Richard Hounslow, Rhys Davies/Matt Lister, Adam Burgess – gold
- K1 men’s team: Richard Hounslow, Joe Clarke, Tom Brady – gold
- K1 women team: Mallory Franklin, Beth Latham – gold